Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 Comeback

With a sort of hectic work schedule I started, this blog unfortunately went by the wayside. I've been doing fairly cool things craft-wise, but of course there is little proof of that. Except for the shopping.

This is my most recent purchase from a yarn shop in Griffith, IN called Spinning Yarns ( www.spinninyarns.com). It's been open for a few years but I never felt like driving out to Griffith from my parents' house. Boy was I missing out! I chatted with the owner for a bit and she said she's grown quite a bit in the past year, which is great to hear. There are only 2 LYS in that area that I know of, so it's great to hear her business is expanding. Oh and that bottom skein of maroon yarn, there are 8 more along with it. She gave me a great discount if I bought the whole lot. And she carries KnitPicks, so I love her!

I've also sold a few items over the holidays. One of my coworkers told me her church was doing a craft fair and asked if I wanted to give her anything to sell, and I said of course! I had made a bunch of flowered headbands and gave those to her and she said she sold quite a few. I've also made a couple jewelry sales at work, so hopefully that will keep up. This is also a little motivation to restock my Etsy store and actually try to maintain it.

Hopefully with this new schedule, I'll have the energy to do that.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to update my blog, which has sat dormant for almost 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always glad to help motivate people!

    ReplyDelete