Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Monday, February 13, 2012

Hexi-Crack, or Puff Puff Pass

Here's an update on a project I started a few months ago but never posted:





Yes, I gave in to the hexipuff craze. They're super easy to make and are cut and little and squishy when they're finished. The only problem is that I have to make about 600 to make a good sized blanket. This sample is about 2' x 2'. I'm calling this a long-term project. I have 78 puffs finished since I started in the middle of September, but I'm only working on it sporadically. I'm also adding a single crochet border in off-white to make them look a little more uniform and so I can slip stitch them together instead of tying the corners.

Oh, and I'm totally addicted to making them. I've actually been working on socks so that I can have more scraps to make puffs. The ends justify the means, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of adding a border to Hexipuffs! I have been considering making a blanket myself, but all my yarn ends are such different colors that I was worried they wouldn't play nicely with each other. This way, they'd all have a cohesive element!

    ReplyDelete