Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Monday, January 9, 2012

My Apologies

Dear readers,

I apologize for my blog silence over the past few months. in classic jasmine fashion, i got in Over My Head. i took on a second job, adding 15-20 hours of work per week. that was silly, and a little stressful. naturally, some hobbies fell to the wayside, like this blog. of course my knitting did not. however, there are no pictures to prove it.

my Q4 goal was basically trashed since the new goal of "make more money" and christmas gifts took over. i was able to make 1 baby hat a week for the entire year and will be donating those soon. i also finished my owls sweater, which has even been seen in public.

i've also decided on my goals for this year. the main 2 goals are increasing my techniques and decreasing stash:

1. try new techniques, especially when the pattern calls for it. stop saying "i'll just do it the way i know how."

2. finish the blankets you MOVED HERE WITH. yes, they are still in pieces.

3. get and maintain sock yarn stash to <10 skeins

4. following #3 knit at least 6 projects from sock yarn

5. finish at least 6 projects from the queue bin you organized last year

6. blog more. i'm aiming for bimonthly

for q1, i want to finish my moorish mosaic blanket, 2 queue projects, one pair of socks, and 6 blogs.

thats doable, right?

1 comment:

  1. YAY for blogging! I think your goals are great! especially the blog more! I am going to try some of them myself!

    ReplyDelete