Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Toys

I want to show you guys what I've made with my awesome new toys. My husband and I got our tax return back and he said, "You haven't bought anything big for your hobby in a while. I think it would be ok if you bought a new spinning wheel like you wanted to." After jumping up and down for joy, I realized this was code for him getting the PS Vita. You win some, you lose some. So I got a Schacht Ladybug and an Ashford Knitters' Loom, and I can't stop playing with them.





This is some targhee I had in my stash, so I thought it would make a perfect first project for the Ladybug. It's about a worsted weight, and spun up super fast. That may have just been my excitement though. I have big plans for this wheel, but will need more bobbins for all that.


These are my first 2 scarves from the Loom. (Side note: The action you use a loom for is called weaving, not looming. You don't "loom" on a loom. People my height can't do much looming anyway.) These are both made from scraps from my acrylic bin. The stripey purples and grays one looks better in my opinion, but there wasn't enough contrast between the shades of gray and purple so i looks a little muddled to me. The cream and purple one was first to see how much yarn a scarf takes, and to work on the contrast part. Too much contrast in this one. And no, that gray stripe on the end was not intentional. I ran out of cream yarn, but wanted it to be wider. I think it actually turned out ok though.

Oh, and doily.

2 comments:

  1. The yarn is beautiful. Part of me wants to learn to spin, but the majority of me knows it would make my too-large stash much, much larger. Photos like yours are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky thing getting an Ashford! I would LOVE one someday :)
    Your weaving is lovely - Something else I'd love to try!

    ReplyDelete