Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Sunday, April 8, 2012

Q1 Goal Update

I actually finished my knitting goals early, but, as usual, my blogging goal is behind.

This is the Moorish Mosaic Blanket that I started a few months before I moved to Indy, which was almost 2 years ago. I packed it up half assembled and never got around to unpacking it. It took most of one night to finish assembly and another night to finish the border. Most of the ends have been woven in, but I'm using it anyway!






And this is how I usually find it.





These are my 2 queued projects. The hat is the Sockhead pattern and it turned out much better with the wide ribbed band. It almost makes me want to frog my first one and fix it. Almost. The Rococo Shawl is made with Alpaca With A Twist Temptation and I LOVE this yarn and color. The only problem is that it turned out much longer than the pattern stated. If its just over my shoulders, it reaches my knees.





My sock yarn project for the quarter is the Persephone Shawl in Cherry Tree Hill, colorway Jade. The border is leftover Fleece Artist in Ireland. This is my first crocheted shawl and I have to say, this worked up miles faster than the knit ones I've made. This is a picture of it blocking.



My goals for this quarter are to finish my Grapevine Blanket (which i think I also moved here with in pieces), 2 more sock weight yarn projects (one if which is halfway done already), and one queued project. Oh and 2 more blog posts a month. Lets see if I can do it this time.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! The Rococo Shawl looks scrumptious! You have a lot of really beautiful projects going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! I especially like the orange yarn--yummy. I love this color but can't wear it at all, so I'm always looking for people to give orange knits to, lol.

    ReplyDelete