Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Friday, October 15, 2010

Holiday Stashdown 2010 - exhibit 2 (FO Friday)

The lucky recipient of this hat will get a one-of-a-kind beanie based on the hat formula from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Knitting Rules. In the spirit of the Holiday Stashdown and free(dom), I checked this book out from the library, and the yarn is left over from various Vanna's Choice Afghan Swaps. I started with more navy than tan, but originally was going to knit even stripes. When I realized that it may not turn out like I expected, I started with thinner stripes of tan near the brim, and fatter stripes near the crown. This is also my first attempt at stripes in the round. At first, I realized the stripes were not lining up. So off to Knitty.com I went, and found this explanation for jogless stripes within this pattern. Ends were woven in just in time for FO Friday!



I also have a free but non-knitting related item to share. It is the free app for the ipod/iphone called iheartradio. It's every type of radio station from cities across the country that streams to your ipod. You can listen to local radio, any genre from any city, or mix both. My favorite feature is the "shake it" tab. You choose to lock or unlock location and genre, and literally shake the ipod to get a random selection. Talk radio from San Jose? Sure. Hits from Austin, TX? Of course. Hawaiian from Bismark, ND? Ok, maybe not, but those are both options available. This makes me wish I had wifi at work so I could use this. But then I would probably mess with my ipod more than I should be.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how the stripes turned out! I think the hat recipient will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete