Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Holiday Stashdown 2010 - exhibit 3

And we have another project knocked out!

Cousteau Cowl


This is made from one skein of Patons Classic Wool in Mercury, a dark steely gray that I bought a few months ago for a basic cardigan pattern. (This means that someone else will also be getting something from this yarn.) The pattern is Cousteau Cowl, free on Ravelry. I love making this cowl. It's simple but looks clean and finished. Made from worsted weight wool and knit on US 4, this will be nice and cozy for anyone that works outside.

After finishing this bad boy in 4 days, I've decided to take some time for myself and work on my second pair of Knitmore Girls Vanilla Socks. I finished the first one of this pair fairly quickly, but with as many gifts as I've decided to make, they have taken a back seat. However, in honor of Socktoberfest 2010, I present:

Sock #2!


She isn't very far along, but I think I can knock out at least a few inches tonight. It's about time for scary movie marathons anyway, so I think I will be watching Dracula tonight. No, not the black and white classic, I mean the one with Neo (Keanu Reeves), Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins), and Sirius Black (Gary Oldman).

And yes, that is how I refer to them in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment