Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's So Fluffy I Could Die!!!

I've picked up my drop spindle again after months of wheel-only spinning. This is a new one I picked up a few weeks ago after spinning class. I prefer the slightly heavier spindles since I can get it to spin much longer (we all know how impatient I am). The fiber I'm spinning is a 50/50 silk and alpaca blend from The Trading Post in Pendleton. The fiber is DREAMY. I love spinning it. But because it's alpaca, the more you touch it, the more it expands. It also sticks to sweaty hands and dark fabric. I'm planning to turn this 4 ounces into a 3 ply DK-ish yarn. I haven't decided if I'm plying it on the spindle or wheel yet. I also have an equal amount of silver gray that I'm going to try to spin on my wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment