Experienced knitters don't make fewer mistakes than new knitters. They make bigger ones faster.



- Yarn Harlot -


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Lady Sweater

Before you ask, no, I did not block that other cardigan yet. I know I said I didn't want to start another sweater until that was done.

I also have no discipline.

And so my Spring Lady Sweater as begun! It's the ubiquitous February Lady Sweater. I'm using some Red Heart Designer Sport I picked up a couple years ago for $2 a ball. So this sweater will cost me about $10 to make. I worked a gauge swatch and after a few days of knitting, I'm ready to separate for the sleeves.



I've also been compulsively checking the fitting notes and other people's variations. How long do I want the garter section to be? How much do I want it to flair? I know I want it to be fuller than my last 2 sweaters. The sleeves in the pattern are wider and I KNOW that will not work for me. Oh pattern mods, how I love you.

In other knitting, sock 1 of 6 for Quarter 2 is finished. It's another pair of vanilla socks, so I will post the picture of that when the pair is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment